X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capTret

Project CAPTRET " " Cape acitor-elec Royal "

created December 11, 2012- JLN Labs -Updated December 27, 2012
    All the information and diagrams are published for free (freeware) and are intended for personal use and not commercial
    All information and diagrams are published freely (freeware) and are intendedfor a private use and non-commercial a use.

In conducting a literature search on the Net, I was very intrigued by an experience of very simple but nevertheless very interesting look at the level of his physical principle and its possible implications...

It is the experience of the CAPTRET (short for CAPacitor and elecTRET). Its inventor's nickname is 'ibpointless2' and he presented his experience in November 2010 in of many forums. Since its introduction, the mounting of the CAPTRET was already replicated successfully by a number of experimenters and many videos are shown on YouTube. I therefore couldn't resist reproducing myself this mounting and share my results with you...

What is the experience of the CAPTRET ?

The CAPTRET allows, according to its inventor 'ibpointless2', to recharge batteries or batteries (almost or completely discharged) while maintaining lit a LED connected in series in the circuit and this without any external source of power (charger, receiver or sensors to energy...)... It is too good to be true, do you think and well I fully share your opinion, it was therefore necessary that I check myself by the experience... I therefore started in this adventure. As a first step, I have therefore reproduced identical mounting and the basic experience "proof of concept" of the CAPTRET. Is that once I have a functional CAPTRET in my lab and that will exactly reproduce this "anomaly" autonomous recharging and without external energy sources that I will try to understand its working principle...

EXPERIENCE preliminary "Proof Of Concept"

As a first step, I will present my replication in a single page. If I find that this project deserves to be developed, I will divide this section into several pages...

What is the CAPTRET?

The CAPTRET is really very simple, it consists of a modified electrochemical capacitor and a light emitting diode (LED). The electrochemical capacitor may have a capacity of 10 F to thousands of microfarads. Light emitting diode is a quite classic LED, it can also be a power LED...

Here are the details of construction of the CAPTRET:

I have intuitively chosen a brand TEAPO 470F/35V capacitor with a Low ESR (with series a low resistance (ESR)). Do not use coaxial electrochemical capacitor.

Using a cutter, should completely remove the plastic protective covering aluminium cylinder.

Needed then a third electrode for the CAPTRET. It is simply performed by twisting a wire around the hull of aluminum.

And here it is, the CAPTRET is done...

Ah yes, I forgot to specify that it is very important to check with an ohmmeter that the B electrode is not related (to the inside) electrode X (negative pole) (indeed some electrochemical capacitors have their outer shell electrically connected to the negative pole). If this were the case, the CAPTRET would not work properly.

To verify this, I also measured the different capacities in the presence.

It can be seen that the ability to 'normal' terminals C1-2 (positive and negative) is close to the 470 F value given by the manufacturer. But it interesting to note that there are also 2 additional capacity C2-3 and C1-3 between the outer shell and the positive and negative terminals.

It remains only to solder the LED load on the CAPTRET. The negative pole of the LED must be welded on the negative terminal of the capacitor.

I used for this first test two 9V NiMH rechargeable batteries. These batteries were almost flat, I connected them in series to have an initial voltage high enough to start the experience. Here is the schema of the experience:

Before finally connecting the CAPTRET need to pre-load the capacitor to the battery terminals. It is enough to temporarily connect the poles + and - of the capacitor to the respective terminals of the batteries connected in series. The CAPTRET is pet, then connect the Terminal A on the + batteries and the C terminal on the - batteries as shown in the picture below:

Last edited by science2art; September 14th, 2016, 09:28 PM.

As soon as the CAPTRET is connected the LED lights up at full power.

The voltage at the terminals of the batteries is controlled with a digital multimeter.

Test1 : At the beginning of the experience of the CAPTRET (Dec 11, 1:52 pm), the measured voltage will drop briefly (in my case up to 6.5V) and then rapidly reassemble... We will see that the voltage will quickly climb to the battery terminals so that the LED is lit (see the video at the bottom of this page)... In 2 hours tension is escalated to five Volts while the LED is still remained on... FYI, I used an LED high intensity type 3.2V 110mA.

So here is a video of the "Proof of concept" experience of the CAPTRET

Conclusions of these preliminary tests of the CAPTRET :

Actually, I am rather surprised that it works, I don't expect any this... Actually, for the moment, this experience of the CAPTRET is consistent with what has been presented on the Net by its inventor 'ibpointless2'. Now that I have a CAPTRET that works like the real, I can go a bit further in our understanding of the physical phenomenon that makes it work... I strongly encourage you to reproduce this Assembly which is really very simple and to test you even...

The CAPTRET works well as its inventor 'ibpointless2' presented on the NET and in videos on YouTube. This device is interesting to experiment because it uses a configuration atypical and especially uncommon of an electrochemical capacitor in electronic editing very simple and easy to reproduce. Congratulations to its inventor for this original idea...

Here is a video summarizing the tests of the CAPTRET on 48 hours of continuous operation with a LED

SOURCE:
    http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b...tret/index.htm
    http://jnaudin.free.fr/captret/index.htm

.....been presented on the Net by its inventor 'ibpointless2'

Comment

Plasma Generator & DIY-Circuit!

18 2 2017 > 21
      9 2 55
      11 55
      66 < 12

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit,
      and began to speak with other languages, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost...postcount=2935
      http://open-source-energy.org/?topic...44314#msg44314
      Last edited by science2art; June 5th, 2017, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X