X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing of polluted and saline water

Having just watched a very interesting documentary [Last Call at the Oasis [2011][Docu]] about water scarcity and water pollution and the repercussions - i wondered what the keshe foundation believes it can do to remove the huge number of deadly chemicals and impurities from water.

This would also go for [inexpensive] desalination of sea water to provide countries like Australia and others access to water and thus traditionally desert lands they would otherwise not populate due to absence of water.

This also follows a previous post of how the foundation can assist those living around fukushima - and containing and cleaning up the mess.

Love to all

One of the first things to think of before jumping in to 'populate traditionally desert lands' is to realise that extremely high-leverage technology could change things very quickly and profoundly. As a species, we need to meet our current needs and clean up our mess, of course, but wholesale modification of the planet will lead to far-reaching ecosystem effects, and increasing problems to solve. For example, deserts are real and valid ecosystems - we need to keep them too. The living things with which we share the planet need to be considered in all of this, at the population, species and ecosystem levels. We need to discuss what environmental technology should be used for and develop some new wisdom to match it before we use any powerful new technology to further disrupt the planet. New technology calls for new levels of responsibility. Perhaps this should be a new thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
      Having just watched a very interesting documentary [Last Call at the Oasis [2011][Docu]] about water scarcity and water pollution and the repercussions - i wondered what the keshe foundation believes it can do to remove the huge number of deadly chemicals and impurities from water.
      This would also go for [inexpensive] desalination of sea water to provide countries like Australia and others access to water and thus traditionally desert lands they would otherwise not populate due to absence of water.
      This also follows a previous post of how the foundation can assist those living around fukushima - and containing and cleaning up the mess.

Yes, I think the creating desalination reactor is a very good idea and would have wide market response especially should it handle ALL pollutants in water.

As far as populating desert - I live in Australia and Id leave this desert intact for as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X